Thursday, November 6, 2008

school admission

My little one is about 2 years old just right to go to a regular school next year. And as I see the parents of similar age groups .. everyone is so hasseled about school admissions. Is this such a big deal for these little toddlers who are just getting to know the world ? I will be going for my first interview as a parent tommorrow, to be very frank I am very anxious and nervous. I don't think so I would have been so bothered for my job interview or for that matter MBA Group Discussion. May be that's what is Parenthood. I don't know what to prepare .. other than talking to other parents and developing goosebumps. Will this curiosity & anxiousness of ours take away the childhood of our kids .. I dont know. I can only say that "just let your hair down & enjoy life as it comes" .. you have to become icons for these little angels. Everything .. no no .. most of the things are learnt at home :-). Writing some philisophy to cheer myself !!

1 comment:

  1. It is not a big deal at all for the little ones, unless we allow our pressures to pass on to them, or try and prepare them for the day.

    Like you said we have to be icons for them and that can be achieved simply by doing what you "feel" is right for them. You have no control on any outcomes anyway so why fret. Do your bit and chill.

    Cheers,
    Prashant

    ReplyDelete